Thursday, July 17, 2008

Best Mother's Day

When I was little we would ask my mom what she wanted for Mother's Day - her response was always - "A Clean House." I now have a new understanding of what she meant. I'm so excited when the girls will just start helping with house and yard work. When they help they learn a sense of accomplishment and actually enjoy it. I just need to figure out how to get the girls to work more often. This year for both Mother's and Father's Day they were so helpful and thoughtful. It beats any gift that I could be given. I feel like that is one of the greatest gifts my parents taught me is how to work, work, work. Since I don't get to raise the girls on the farm - we will have to find different ideas. Although Emily asked me the other day; "Mommy - next year can we go to Grandma's house for a whole month and work on the farm."




1 comment:

exciting signals said...

It looks like you have a nice family and had a great time together on mothers day.

You may not remember me laura lee. I knew you when you were younger and I was an lds member in champion alberta in 1988 and 1989.
My name is william hawkins. It has been 20 years since I saw you in person. Take care and I will too.an old family friend of your mom and Arlen and Elsie smith.