Easter is such a special time it is like a renewal of life. We see new plants come up and want to start new on different things in our life. This year included all the traditional activities like coloring Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt and of course the Traditional New Easter Dress. One defining moment that our family had this year was learning that the Easter Bunny is not real. We have been saving money for a Spring Break trip to LA to a visit to the American Girl Store and a day at Disneyland. The girls have been involved in the budgeting and have earned money for the trip. In the budget I had only $10 for their Easter basket - a little different than years past when there was no budget. Well on Easter morning the girls were disappointed in what the got in their baskets. (spoiled little brats - mostly my fault, I had given them too much in the past) Emily went to her room and shut the door - later she slipped a note under the door saying "I'm not coming out of my room for the rest of my life.... P.S. I might have liked these gifts when I was 5 years old but not when I'm 8." At that point Sean felt it important to share the little secret. He explained that it was Mommy that filled the baskets and only had a certain amount of money. The girls felt very sad and apologized for acting so ungrateful. The lesson I learned was not to give your kids to much to soon. Wow quite a day! But it was good for our family to learn this lesson. It also gave us another opportunity to focus on the real meaning of Easter. The day ended by the girls TOTALLY looking forward to next Easter. Now that they are in on the secret, they can't wait to play Easter Bunny themselves!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Easter Celebrations!
Posted by Laura Lee at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
that is too funny! we've been having the gratitude talk at our house a lot lately, too. ella's prayer's now often include a plea to "please help me be grateful." let's hope it helps!
your girls look adorable in their dresses, shoes and sunglasses!
That is so funny about slipping a note on the door. Thanks for the tip on not spoiling the little ones :) It's tough not too.
What a great story and learnig experience. You will have to save that note, that is precious. I will have to admit I'm not too excited about the whole Easter Bunny thing anyway. What a great Easter!!
I scaled back this year and I think the kids were too young to notice. Definately keep the slimmed down tradition for next year. I loved your story.
I love their glasses! What adorable girls, I love the dresses you always put them in. They are exactly what little girls should be. I love it!
I love it! I love hearing those funny little stories. We too have been talking about being GRATEFUL! We are so blessed...it's a hard lesson to learn and teach!
We had that lesson for Santa about 2 years ago. Santa only brings 1 present. Anything else is from mom's and Dad. And this mom and dad do 3 gifts representing the 3 gifts the wise men brought. (book, pj's and 1 small item)It is a nice way to keep christmas scaled down, so this year for Easter we did a book and a toy from the target dollar bin and nothing was said. It is good to scale down. That is great the kids are helping earn their trip. M. will be going to Germany when she turns 10 with Grandma and she is already putting money away for it, which is hard cause it is still 2 years away, but I think she will appreciate it more!
Cute glasses. . super cute bows. . .and those dresses. . can the girl get any more adorable. I don't think so. :) Love the scaling down idea. What a great lesson to learn. After every holiday I think to myself I need to scale down. :) It's so easy to spoil them rotten.
Your girls are adorable!! What a great lesson to teach them. I often wonder if we do enough with our kids to help them appreciate what a good life they have. Thanks for the reminder...I think I'm going to go plan my next FHE!!
Ugg Boots Present You The Exceptional Model
WangFuYin with my age, graduate from higher faculty I was admitted into studying attended the operate, he fails when the farmer, because property two residing village length is farther, soon after the graduation, practically no contacts. For his predicament, I also from other country classmates appears. He rolled down XiaoMai store, for a private and started the flea market position in the bordering is a major guy. But he was CunGan are not appropriate with just about every year, settle for governing administration acquire, WangFuYin more-retained county ended up going to ask to be obvious about, to return with regular soon after DaGongZhi publish posted in the village streets, remind the villagers, eliminate village cadres up to a little something. This generated the village cadres' dissatisfaction, and often is posted, the village cadres powering his front sent tear. This recruit malfunction, WangFuYin [url=http://www.uggsbootsoutletonline.co.uk]Cheap Ugg Boots[/url] simply just purchased two high-pitched loudspeakers hanging in entrance of her, to alter the manner of transmission. Loudspeaker wiring usually at night time was cut off, he gave loudspeakers hanging in the court docket tree [url=http://www.uggsbootsforuksale.co.uk]ugg sale[/url] and continued his rival. Jail-like boot that somebody with a brick at evening to trumpet aimed at throwing. price reduction ugg boots
[url=http://www.uggbootsoutletinuk.co.uk]www.uggbootsoutletinuk.co.uk[/url] After twenty years' respectively, this year spring device WangFuYin all of the sudden occur wanting for me, desires me to aid him. cheap ugg boots Formerly the village to opt for a village designated associates elect local-governing administration chiefs who lost WangFuYin with significant ticket to be elected. Can insist he village votes election fraud, develop into invalid. WangFuYin defy spirit, make sure you me into the issue was made community.
Instruct leadership, I for this reason to interview, just to the south of the village was region two level cadre certain men and women "warm" block, together with two townships cadre is in my county of deliver the results colleagues. They billed me condition their causes, and accused WangFuYin various behaviors.
Interview failed to realize success, go away the village WangFuYin house when seen pollution-creating hefty loudspeaker broadcast recite the electoral law of is, the area taste is rather thick mandarin, hoarse depressing, I identified the voice of WangFuYin. ugg boots for sale
Again to the unit following the county and village and TuoShou men and women advised me not intervened. To steer clear of classmate disrelish and also to numerous customs, after a number of days I give WangFuYin a telephone to push these as discipline reason to prevaricate, listened to my clarification, WangFuYin leng 10 seconds later, some fuel wrath floor to say: "I realized you dare not say real Othello." low priced snow boots
I WangFuYin accusations of default, I know I am tactful meanness, for the reason that the pastoral poetry is basic, for I have is distant extravagant hopes. Horn is the horn, not morning glory.
ShenPo
I genuinely didn't expect bright sound ShenPo &investing will known as.
[url=http://rangamarnath.org/suggestions.htm] Several work of Ugg boots make it a excellent selection to ignite procuring need[/url]
[url=http://www.typepad.com/services/signin/typekey?v=1.0&t=8543ed0465f6834868e7c7c20fdde5b24a40c848&lang=en_US&_return=http%3A%2F%2Fayearinthepark.typepad.com%2Fprospect_a_year_in_the_pa%2F2012%2F08%2Fon-hallowed-ground.html&_portal=typepad&service=openid] Uggs In United kingdom variations of extensive family vacation ads[/url]
[url=http://commonplacebook.com/jokes/funny-lists/funny-oneliners/] Greece reaches austerity deal[/url]
Post a Comment