The Children's Club Show at the Javits Center in New York

I think that it has been about 6 years that Mom and I started going to New York. Our first trip was the October after the
September 11 Events. It is always fun to get away and experience the City. Of course there is work involved - we help mom haul all the suitcases down to the
Javits about 1 1/2 miles from our hotel. We used to walk and drag the suit cases and
any other miscellaneous racks, photos, bags we needed for the booth because we did not want to spent the money on a cab. Now we have it down to a science - take a cab and go early to set up - the booth is set up within 2 hours. Unlike our usual 4-6 hours of setting up. Oh the things we do - it's all about learning to simplifying. It is fun to work with Mom - she is a
definite business women. Also this is the Trade Show that I get myself into too much trouble - ordering dresses for the girls at the beautiful dress companies for wholesale. I figure they are only little girls once!

After we set up there is always time to head down to China Town - one of my favorites. There are certain vendors we go to
every time - each serving a purpose, sunglasses, purses, jewelery. This is a picture of our purse Lady - Mimi, she is the only one that we will buy purses from. She has the best ones at the greatest prices. It is so funny because I will call her when we get down there and she says meet me at the corner of Broadway and Canal. She gives my mom a hug each time and just says How are you? about 5-6 times. It is a long walk up the stairs and a
definite experience. It is so much fun because Katie has joined us on a consistent basis and she just loves to shop. We are always looking for the closest ATM. After each day we pull out our days purchases and have a little fashion show. Too much fun!!!
5 comments:
now that sounds like my kind of trip! how fun! are you going to do another post with all of your purchases? :)
I'm so jealous! What a fun trip! That is so fun to have a friend in China Town - funny! I love how they always lead you down a long hallway or a stair case to a secret place.
Sounds like fun!
Okay, I will say it again. So Jealous!! Next year! That picture of Emily behind you and your mom is amazing. How fun you guys!
I'm with Abi Jealous:) I've got to GO! Glad you had a good time.
Love a little get away. I love shopping shopping shopping. Sounds like my kind of trip. :)
Post a Comment