Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Special Times


The girls and I made a quick trip up to Canada this weekend. It was a long 13 hour drive but totally worth the trip and so fun to be on the farm and play with cousins even if it was for 1 day. The girls did get to play in the Haystacks - it was a little to cold to catch any frogs though. Actually we there all day Saturday and Sunday. My Nephew Walker was baptised and Sterling was ordained a Decon. It was a pretty special weekend for these boys and I was very grateful to share it with them.

It is hard to believe my brother Derrek has 5 kids. Sean & I got married the same year Derrek and Debbie did - Sterling was a definate honeymoon baby. And he is the cutest kid ever - actually he is getting quite grown up. They live on the farm in the same house that I grew up in. Secretly I'm a little jealous because these kids are experiencing the same wonderful childhood I had. They are involved in all the same things we did as children in the school and community. Very fun to see and hear about. The girls had a sleepover with Ashlynne at Grandma's 2 of the 3 nights. Ashlynne loves it when there is a little more GIRL POWER - since she has 4 other brothers.




Walker is just 2 months younger than the girls so they will be best of friends when they get older. He is just the cutest little boy - he sang a solo for his baptism and it was just perfect. I do feel a little sorry because all the cousins his age are girls. Kristine found this fur Jacket in Auntie Tania's closet and thought it was the coolest. She wanted to bring it home but of course we said you better ask Tania. We had a wonderful trip with great food - you just can't go wrong with my Mom's Sunday Dinner - Roast Beef. It was fun just hanging out on the farm with my family and not having any worries or anywhere to go.

13 comments:

Tamara said...

Looks like so much fun. I, too, love going home and enjoy getting to step back into my childhood. I look forward to July - our annual trip home - every year. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

J Glazier said...

Glad you had a fun and safe trip home! Love the haystack pics :) Looks like your girls had a blast!

Hassingers said...

Looks like you had a great trip. Have fun in NY without out me. So jealous. :)

kingwritergirl said...

What a neat thing for your girls to have cousins so close in age. Sounds like a great trip, I'm glad the weather was good for you too.

Sabine Berlin said...

Sounds like fun. I'm glad your girls can drive for that long. My little two can, but it is actually M that starts the "Are we there yet?" On California Trips When We hit Nephi and then it never ends!

Shauna said...

Too much fun. I love it that you will just pack up your kids and go. Family time all the time is a fun fun time. :)

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

Too much fun. I love it that you will just pack up your kids and go. Family time all the time is a fun fun time. :)

Heather said...

Look like you had a great time. Love your girls red dresses. I am trying to talk Casey into going to Waterton with me this year. When are you guys going?

Holly said...

sounds like a wonderful trip down memory lane!!!

Marianne said...

What fun pictures and so fun that you could get away up to Canada! I miss all going up there for weddings and such. They were GREAT memories!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Heather said...

Time to get a new post : )