What a wonderful opportunity to attend General Conferance as a family. Megan and Emily's first time in the Conference Center. They woke up 7am on Saturday morning and got ready without any drama, which does at times occur on a regular Sunday morning. As most people feel while listening to conference, they feel like the talk is speaking to you personally. I felt this throughout the whole meeting - the talks and music were spoken for my benefit and exactly what I needed to hear at this time. After hearing President Henry B. Eyring talk to today, I feel it very important to express my thoughts and how I was touched by the spirit of the Holy Ghost. I was deeply impressed to know and understand that God will remember me. He knows and remembers each of us and all we desire. I especially enjoyed the retold stort of Rachel. God remembered Rachel - heavens promises don't remain a far way off. Is there anything too hard for Lord. I was reminded to put more trust in the Lord and have more faith - Laura Lee don't look to the world to achieve your greatest desires. I believe in miracles and know that they take place daily. Through the past month, I have done much thinking about life and the 2nd talk was just exactly what we needed to hear. Bear one another burdens; mourn with those who mourn. We are fulfilling our baptisimal covenant when we do these things. What happens to one happens to all - Endure together. We are all here to become more like Him and to support one another. It's important for us women to not judge someone else's actions or way of doing things. Each of us women are striving to raise good families and become more like Him. It is so important to be a support to each other in this crazy world.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
1st General Conference
Posted by Laura Lee at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Laura Lee, I appreciated your comments on my blog. It does seem like we have a lot in common & I'm sorry for that in some ways--I wouldn't wish the trial of infertility on anyone. Alas, I am glad there are those who understand. I laughed out loud about your husband hurting you when he gave you the shots. Ouch!
Life is interesting isn't it? So much to learn in this little bit of earth time that we've got. Thanks again for your encouraging words. And I love your blog--you have such a beautiful family!
You amaze me! You are still in our prayers.
I was out of town and I missed Conference, but Kyle told me that same quote from Elder Eyring. I loved your post today. You are a great example to me.
Post a Comment