One of my favorite passions in life is downhill skiing. The girls are finally on their way and can ski down the hill without our help. I'm so excited - I've already been planning ways to get back up to the ski hill and perhaps skip a little school. Of course we did not escape this learning experience without several tears of frustration, cold feet, cold hands and anything else the girls could complain about. I figure it builds character!! I grew up skiing with my family and I want to make it a tradition for us. We live in Utah - The greatest snow on earth!!! Our family took ski trips to Utah each year or travelled 3-4 hours to get to a ski hill - and we only live 15 min. from the slopes. I must say I'm going to take advantage. Life doesn't get much better!!!!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Ski Bunnies!!
One of my favorite passions in life is downhill skiing. The girls are finally on their way and can ski down the hill without our help. I'm so excited - I've already been planning ways to get back up to the ski hill and perhaps skip a little school. Of course we did not escape this learning experience without several tears of frustration, cold feet, cold hands and anything else the girls could complain about. I figure it builds character!! I grew up skiing with my family and I want to make it a tradition for us. We live in Utah - The greatest snow on earth!!! Our family took ski trips to Utah each year or travelled 3-4 hours to get to a ski hill - and we only live 15 min. from the slopes. I must say I'm going to take advantage. Life doesn't get much better!!!!
Posted by Laura Lee at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Cute Snowbunnies. Looks like you had sunshine too. I grew up skiing too and love it, I'd like to sign my kids up for ski lessons next year. I hear they start them as young as 3.
That looks fun. How did you get Emily in that Pink outfit?? I need to start a hobbie in the winter so I start to like winter better.
I want to take my boys too! I didn't get to ski for the first time until I came out to BYU. I so wish I had learned young! I see those little kids on the slopes...their center of gravity is so low you have to knock them down to get them to fall! They are always skiing past me :)
How do you manage to look so cute no matter what you are doing Laura Lee? Looks like fun. I think our boys will be surfers though...neither Cory or I are big snow fans!
Your girls ski better than I do! I've only been once, and that's because of Jason, (he loves it)so I tried to go with him. I didn't do that well on the bunny hill. How sad is it that I've lived in Utah all my life and can't even ski a bunny hill. What a fun tradition you're doing!
That looks like so much fun! I guess it's a shame that I've lived in Utah my whole life and have only been once!
Looks like fun. D. is a skier, but I only like the type that involves a boat and a warm lake in the middle of summer. I am hoping he will begin teaching M.
i am soooo jealous! I havn't snow skiied in years! I love their snowsuits!
Too much fun! Your little family is darling. And what a new fun family tradition. :)
I tagged you : ) Look on my Blog for more details.
Post a Comment