
I figured it was about time that I sat down and updated my journal. I don't scrapbook so I figure this is close enough. I think it has been a year since Shauna got me and the rest of our neighborhood blogging - I just love looking back at past blogs. I would never have this history if I didn't have the Poynter Times to blog on.

April started out busy with a Northridge School Orechestra Concert - there were 2 day time performances and 1 night performance at Oak Canyon Junior High. I'm stil so impressed and amazed at the talent Mr. Huish with his orchestra. Unbelieveable!!! They played many different songs - Lion King, Tarzan, Stars and Stripes and my favorite Cannon in D. After my niece Kristine went to the Christmas concert in December she decided she wanted to play the Cello. The girls have had a great time being in Orchestra together - Kristine was also asked to sing a solo with the orchestra. She was amazing!! It is fun to see these little girls grow up and develop different talents. After this concert Emily has decided that she would rather play the flute. So she is starting flute lessons next week. No more Violin for Emily - I think she is pretty happy about that. So all the girls can have an orchestra of their own - flute, cello, violin. Kind of FUN!!

Just before Springbreak the girls had their Solo Recital. I was a little nervous for both of them - everything turned out just fine. Both Megan and Emily did a great job on their songs!! Yipee!! We haven't practiced the violin or piano for 2 weeks, I think the girls and their mommy needed a break. We will get going again next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment