On July 24th we wondered what should we do to celebrate Pioneer Day. While visiting with Auntie Keli Anne she pulled out a box of bonnets, pioneer dresses and aprons. The girls had a great time dressing up as pioneers, they thought it was fun but still did not have a total understanding of what a pioneer was. We decided to take a little trip to Salt Lake - first we hiked up Ensign Peak to look over the valley and then we went on a tour of Temple Square. It was a full day, the girls seemed to learn a lot and gained a great understanding or at least an appreciation. I'm grateful for for my pioneer heritage and for the trials that they endured for us to live in this valley. I also think of the Canadian pioneers and how they were able to settle on the prairies, I don't think we will totally know the hardships they endured.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Pioneer Children Sang as the Walked and Walked
On July 24th we wondered what should we do to celebrate Pioneer Day. While visiting with Auntie Keli Anne she pulled out a box of bonnets, pioneer dresses and aprons. The girls had a great time dressing up as pioneers, they thought it was fun but still did not have a total understanding of what a pioneer was. We decided to take a little trip to Salt Lake - first we hiked up Ensign Peak to look over the valley and then we went on a tour of Temple Square. It was a full day, the girls seemed to learn a lot and gained a great understanding or at least an appreciation. I'm grateful for for my pioneer heritage and for the trials that they endured for us to live in this valley. I also think of the Canadian pioneers and how they were able to settle on the prairies, I don't think we will totally know the hardships they endured.
Posted by Laura Lee at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment